I had a need to know information so I could improve my coaching and I wasn’t finding the answers to do it. I had many questions though the biggest was: what do coaches who are successful work from that isn’t being taught?
The book evolved from what I was observing and from the answers I was receiving, for if I could benefit from what I was uncovering, then so could others.
I didn’t set out to uncover principles for sporting success though it was during the gathering process of information that the principles began to reveal themselves.
By purchasing my book, as well as learning about the principles and creating a plan to improve your coaching, you will learn:
* The difference between a key skill and a basic skill
* The type and style of game that the top teams play
* Why it is better to construct an ideal playing picture to achieve your playing aim
* How umpires can affect a game
* The hardest thing to admit in coaching
* What’s required for building a successful side
* The three types of players involved in sport
* The steps to success
Regardless of where you are, and the situation you are in, as a coach you have the ability to influence people’s life for the better as you look to uncover and develop the abilities and talents that lie within your players and just as importantly, within yourself.
The process of self discovery, for that’s what coaching is, is a journey which never ends for the more you teach people, the more you teach yourself.
Learn the principles, develop the discipline, work the principles, the results will come.
As with most things in life: